Monday, March 9, 2009

Log Entry 10/3/09:

Module One

TASK B

If telnet leaves you unimpressed, and you much prefer the contemporary web-based library catalogues, then 'do yourself a favour' and telnet over to towel.blinkenlights.nl for a bit of fun!

I have tried to perform task B today and I have received the following error codes:

"You are not welcome to use sshd from 122-148-198-204.static.dsl.dodo.com.au."

"Error connecting to towel.blinkenlights.nl, reason:
-> Error in ssh2: I/O error in version negotiation{com.mindbright.ssh2.SSH2FatalException: I/O error in version negotiation}"

After trying a few different things within mindterm I have found where I was going wrong:

I was entering
"towel.blinkenlights.nl" in the first screen as below.

"MindTerm home: /Users/kurthenson/.mindterm/
SSH Server/Alias: towel.blinkenlights.nl"

To connect correctly I go to "plugins" and then to "telnet terminal" and from there a new screen opens and you receive the following
"Not connected to ssh2 server, can only make direct connections.

remote host[:port] : "

Where I simply added
"towel.blinkenlights.nl"

From there you get to view an amazing version of starwars, very very impressive.



No comments:

Post a Comment